The DTS Powermark engine dynamometer carries a reputation as the most durable water brake engine dynamometer available. Most DTS Powermark customers have operated their dynos for 20+ years without replacing a bearing or seal in the absorber and as a result these dynamometers command a premium on the used market. The problem is the data acquisition system was designed in 1988 with components from the early 1980s so it lacks features and capacity to adequately test modern engines and the majority of the electrical components required to service the data acquisition and control system are no longer available.
To help, we’ve developed a conversion kit to replace the dated DTS Powermark electronics with our latest WinDyn 3.2 data acquisition and control system. This upgrade allows DTS dyno owners to keep the functional mechanical portion of their dynos and upgrade to the latest WinDyn data acquisition and control system making the dyno perform like a new SF-Powermark for less than half the cost.
The SF-PM-C conversion package includes
- New sensor box with 139 user configurable data channels
- 16 channel thermocouple panel
- 10 channel pressure panel
- 2 pre-configured air fuel inputs (0-10v)
- New control console to control tests, control engines and control the entire test cell
- New computer system factory configured with WinDyn 3.2, two 22 in. LCD monitors and a color printer
- Remanufactured control valves with new stepper motors for full PID control
- New operator desk with integrated throttle handle and cable replaces the existing electric throttle
The current WinDyn system is ¼ the size and 100 times more powerful than the SF-901 giving you more data channels, better testing methods, higher resolution test data and a suite of modern testing tools to get the most out of your engines. WinDyn is easy to use, ready to run and ready to adapt to your needs.
Major benefits of the SF-PM-C conversion package
- Keep the functional mechanical portions of the SF-901, saving money
- Data acquisition rates up to 2,500Hz - an increase of 100 times over the previous 20Hz rate for higher resolution data and finer analysis of engine performance
- Improved engine control for excellent repeatability
- Feedback loops on both control valves allows fine tuning of control scheme to specific power and RPM levels
- Automated, ready to run test profiles with user defined sweep rates
- Ability to integrate automatic throttle controllers or send a control out signal for fly-by-wire throttle
- Advanced data analysis features
- playback any saved test
- plot or overlay up to 10 tests at a time on the graph
- plot multiple channels at a time, for example plot air fuel ratio and torque
- Migrate from an obsolete DOS computer to a modern Windows environment
- Windows file structure - save virtually unlimited numbers of tests with no limit on the number runs in a folder (family)
- Save data in folders organized by customer name or engine type including multiple subfolders
- Email data files or export data into a customer data pack that customers can take with them
- Analyze or store data on any Windows computer for better file back up
Onsite Installation and Training
The package includes three days of onsite installation and training by a SuperFlow service engineer. While onsite our engineer will:
- Run baseline tests on the DTS Dyno for verification after the upgrade
- Remove the legacy data acquisition and controls
- Install the SF-PM-C data acquisition and control system upgrade
- Integrate existing sensors you wish to keep (temperature, pressure, air/fuel, etc.)
- Configure the newly upgraded system for your application
- Run comparison tests after the upgrade for verification
- Spend two days training on the function and operation of the new system
Considering a used DTS Powermark? Call us First!
If you’re considering purchasing a used DTS Powermark dyno give us a call first. We can tell you what to look out for, often tell you detailed history on the machine and give you a quote for the SF-PM-C conversion package that you can factor into what you want to offer on the used dyno.