SF-832 AWD: Unmatched Quality and Value
The SF-832 AWD chassis dyno is an entry level all wheel drive dyno with features only found on premium models.
Electric Wheelbase Adjustment
The SF-832 AWD dyno has electric push-button wheel base adjustment to accommodate wheelbases from 92 to 130 inches. This allows vehicles to be placed in the proper location on the rolls for maximum traction every time. The SF-832 AWD accommodates track widths from 26 to 100 inches and has an equivalent vehicle inertia of 2,400 lbs. Other SuperFlow models offer different wheel bases, track widths and inertias. View our chassis dyno specifications chart to see all our models.
180 MPH Mechanical Roll Synchronization
The SF-832 AWD chassis dyno includes all-wheel drive speed synchronization with a simple and reliable driveshaft connection between the front and rear rolls. This eliminates the chance of damaging center differentials and activating traction or stability control systems on the dyno. This driveshaft speed synchronization system is unique to SuperFlow and the only one available that doesn’t have to be disconnected to test above 175 mph. Speed synchronization is always engaged and available up to 185 on the SF-832 AWD and up to 200 mph on the SF-800 series dynos.
Unmatched Accuracy Through Engineering
Trunnion mounted differentials are equipped with individual torque cells to measure torque produced at each axle. This system also makes SuperFlow AWD chassis dynos extremely accurate because any variance in dyno components like bearings and differentials are compensated for as the measurement is made.
Superior Eddy Current Load Capacity
One high-capacity eddy-current power absorber is mounted to the differential between the rolls to provide more load capacity across the entire operating range. Mounting the power absorber to the differential provides two major advantages over other systems:
- It spins the power absorber at 2.5 times roll speed meaning the SF-832 AWD will provide significantly more load capacity starting at 0 mph than other dynos – this gives you more load to tune at the speeds vehicles are actually operated. We’re so confident in this design we publish our load curves across the entire operating range rather than only publishing peak load which is only available at the top speed of the dyno, contact us for details.
- It keeps the power absorbers cooler by increasing their airflow giving you more load for longer durations
Standard and Custom Test Profiles
- Inertia tests: fast, accurate and extremely repeatable
- Controlled acceleration tests: sweep test at user defined acceleration rate provides consistent load to simulate actual acceleration rates a vehicle will see in operation
- Step testing: step through set RPM or MPH points at either wide open or partial throttle for quick and easy fuel mapping
- Steady state: manually control the RPM or MPH for fuel and ignition timing mapping
- Track simulation: input track laps from your data logger directly into WinDyn and run the laps again on the dyno – great for durability testing
- Engine power test: coast down to quantify drivetrain losses and derive engine power
- Drive cycle – user defined drive cycles like US06, FTP75, etc. It can be outfitted with an AC motor for full inertia simulation
More Traction and More Accurate
30 inch diameter, precision knurled rolls provide a massive contact patch for superior traction and minimal tire deflection. Systems with very small rolls or worse, cradle rolls, cause excessive tire deflection creating dangerous amounts of heat in the tire and increasing the risk of tire failure. Any heat in the tire is also power that was not measured by the dyno adding to the inaccuracies of small roll dynos. Additionally, small rolls have such small tire to roll contact they require strapping the vehicle in a downward fashion to make traction – this increases tire deflection and eliminates the suspension, greatly increasing the shock load to the drivetrain while testing. The large rolls in the SF-832 AWD allow for straps to be positioned more linearly with the goal of holding the car on the dyno, not creating unnatural amounts of downforce reducing stress to the driveline and heat in the tires.
WinDyn 3.2 – Software and Data Acquisition System
The WinDyn 3.2 Software and Data Acquisition system is included and offers features, expandability and configurability not seen anywhere else. The sensor box has 139 channels available for data acquisition of items like boost, oil pressure, throttle position, etc. and can be outfitted to read directly from the vehicle’s OBDII port. Data collection happens at 1,000 to 2,500 Hz depending on the channel so no details are missed. Ten software screens are completely user configurable so live data can be viewed in a manner that makes sense to you. The handheld controller is rugged, dependable and easy to use. Simply select the test menu, then the type of test you want to run and follow the prompts to start testing – our test scripts guide you through the process and only require a few clicks to start testing. Jump down the page for the complete overview on WinDyn 3.2.
Multiple Models for the Perfect Fit
SuperFlow’s all-wheel-drive chassis dynamometers are the most complete and feature-rich AWD chassis dynos on the market. Various models let you select the model with the proper wheel base, track width and equivalent vehicle inertia for your application. Like any SuperFlow dynamometer, they are designed to be more accurate, more repeatable and more durable than anything else available. Call us today to discuss your application.